April 23, 2009

Has My Identity been Compromised?

I woke up on a mission today... to pay off all of our credit cards. Ok, well to pay off the last two credit cards with balances... both of which are in my name. But that's besides the point. Anyway... while looking at one of my online statements I realized that my bill had gone up almost $65 since last month... and I hadn't used the card! In fact, I hadn't even activated the card (the account had been opened when I consolidated some other cards a few months ago). Needless to say I was a little confused.

When I looked under my recent transactions I had 3 charges from True.com that I hadn't made! I called the credit card company and apparently the website is a dating website! Umm, sorry, but I'm married, definitely didn't make those charges! They were able to recover my money, but I can't help but worry that this may be the start of something more. So, I'm calling all of my other credit companies to get new account numbers and cards. What a mess. I hope it doesn't get any worse!

1 comment:

DG said...

honestly you can't do anything these days without someone taking advantages. identity theft disgusts me...so unnecessary!

dreamzz12{at}aol{dot}com