January 27, 2010

I'm so sleepy!!

I struggle to wake up every day. Last week there was a day that I hit the snooze button for an entire hour. Needless to say I was nearly late to work that day.

Of course the obvious solution to such a problem would be to go to bed earlier, hence getting more sleep at night. Easy enough, right?

Well, there's a reason I never make it to bed early. See, my children have devised a plan to drive me crazy. Every night I put my boys to bed and then to go about my evening. A short while later I'll go crawl into bed to wind down and watch TV or read.

And every night, just as I'm turning out the light one of my little ones wakes up, most likely Jellybean. Here's a chronology of my typical night:

10-11 pm I go to bed

11pm Jellybean will wake up and I'll go and settle him down and then go back to bed.

1am Bear will wake up and I'll feed him and put him back to bed. This will be immediately followed by Jellybean waking up once again.

2am (Nearly an hour after Bear woke up) I will finally be able to go back to bed.

4am I will hear Little Man coming and crawling into bed with me.

5:30am My alarm clock will go off and I will hit the snooze button every 10 minutes for the next 20-60 minutes.

Of course during any given night any one of the 3 boys will wake an extra time, causing me to get even less sleep.

I love my boys, but it's quite obvious why I am always so tired in the morning.

But that's ok, I only have about 5 more years to go and then they should all be sleeping through the night!! WooHoo!! Come on 2015!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You are so funny! What a positive outlook you have. I really hope they start sleeping soon so you can get some much deserved rest.