January 25, 2010

So Stressful

When you become a parent you will inevitably hear "Enjoy them while they're young, they grow up too fast." Or "You'll miss these days when they're over." Or "These are the happiest days of your life." But is this really true??

I do believe that my babies will grow up too fast. And I'm sure I'll look back on these days and will wish my boys were still so small and innocent.

However, while listening to the radio a few days ago they were talking about the most stressful time of a person's life. The most stressful time? Mid 20s- Mid 30s.

The least stressful times? The college years and retirement.

Hmmm...... I'd have to say, I think I agree with this. I know that my college years were not very stressful at all. Granted I did have to stop partying occasionally to keep up with my school work and I did travel home many weekends to work. However, overall, college was just plain fun.

By contrast, the last few years since becoming a mom have been extremely stressful. Of course I wouldn't trade my life or family for the world, but I sure am stressed. Parenting is fun, but the little ones require so much time and attention it can become quite overwhelming.

busy mom Pictures, Images and Photos

That said, I do wish that people would stop telling me to enjoy my kids now and that this is the happiest time of my life. I know that my kids are growing up too fast, I don't need you to remind me of that. And I know I'll miss these days when they're gone. But that doesn't mean I don't have other things in life to look forward to. Like baseball games, graduations, weddings and grandkids!

No comments: