June 11, 2010

Today's Life Lesson: Get Up and Go!

We've all heard the say, "You learn something new every day." And I will admit, I use it quite often. I, however, never really put much thought to the saying or whether or not it was true. But when I stop to think about it, you really do learn something new every day. Sometimes it's a new fact that you never knew, sometimes it's a bit of insight and other times it may be something that you already knew, but hadn't thought about lately, or now look at in a different way.

My life lesson today??

JUST GET UP AND GO!

About 3 weeks ago I started jogging in the mornings. Ok, so I started speed walking/ slowly jogging. I run about 2 miles every morning around my neighborhood. And I'm happy to report, I've been doing pretty well. I never thought I'd like running, but I LOVE it! I have a ton more energy and I just feel better about myself.

But some mornings it's hard to get up and get motivated to start running. This morning was one of those mornings. I kept pushing the snooze button. And to make it worse, I knew that I could sleep in today and it was a groggy, humid morning. But alas, I got up and headed out.

When I returned everyone in my house was still asleep, so I got in the shower and got ready. I had energy to keep up and play with my boys all day. It was great.

Now I just need to keep this motivation up and keep going!!!

2 comments:

Christen said...

Good for you!! :) Sigh... I should start doing that too!

ladyoutofcarolina said...

i know it is hard to get going and hard to get started. i was into the Firm workout for almost a month and got off track and everyday i tell myself you need to do the firm workout today, even if it is only for 15 minutes. maybe tomorrow