June 11, 2010

Today's Life Lesson: Get Up and Go!

We've all heard the say, "You learn something new every day." And I will admit, I use it quite often. I, however, never really put much thought to the saying or whether or not it was true. But when I stop to think about it, you really do learn something new every day. Sometimes it's a new fact that you never knew, sometimes it's a bit of insight and other times it may be something that you already knew, but hadn't thought about lately, or now look at in a different way.

My life lesson today??

JUST GET UP AND GO!

About 3 weeks ago I started jogging in the mornings. Ok, so I started speed walking/ slowly jogging. I run about 2 miles every morning around my neighborhood. And I'm happy to report, I've been doing pretty well. I never thought I'd like running, but I LOVE it! I have a ton more energy and I just feel better about myself.

But some mornings it's hard to get up and get motivated to start running. This morning was one of those mornings. I kept pushing the snooze button. And to make it worse, I knew that I could sleep in today and it was a groggy, humid morning. But alas, I got up and headed out.

When I returned everyone in my house was still asleep, so I got in the shower and got ready. I had energy to keep up and play with my boys all day. It was great.

Now I just need to keep this motivation up and keep going!!!

3 comments:

Christen said...

Good for you!! :) Sigh... I should start doing that too!

ladyoutofcarolina said...

i know it is hard to get going and hard to get started. i was into the Firm workout for almost a month and got off track and everyday i tell myself you need to do the firm workout today, even if it is only for 15 minutes. maybe tomorrow

Blogger said...

Did you know you can shorten your long links with AdFly and earn cash from every click on your shortened links.