August 04, 2009

His Tattling Backfired!!

Yesterday afternoon I went downstairs to do the laundry. I wasn't down there but 2 minutes and I heard Little Man screaming "Mom!! Mom!! Come look was [Jellybean] did!!" He then proceeded to come downstairs, since I was ignoring him.... or in his mind, I couldn't hear him. Here's how the conversation went:


Little Man: "Mom! Come look what Jellybean did!"


Me: "What did he do?"


Little Man: "You have to come look!"


Me: "Can't you just tell me?"


Little Man: "No, you have to come look!!!"


Me: (Knowing that Jellybean was starting to push one of my couch cushions off as I walked downstairs) "Well, go tell him to put the couch cushion back on the couch."


Little Man: (Looking at me with a strange stunned look.) "And he's in trouble and can't go to Granny's house, right?"


Me: "Yep, he's in trouble, but if he can't go to Granny's house, then neither can you."


Little Man: "Huh?"


Me: "If he can't go to Granny's house, then you can't either. I can't take one of you and leave the other at home alone."


Little Man: (Took off running upstairs as fast as he could while yelling) "Wait Mom! Wait! Don't come upstairs yet! Ok, Mom?! Don't come upstairs!!"


I quietly went up the stairs right after him and peeked around the corner. Jellybean was sitting in the middle of a pile of toys that he'd dumped out and Little Man was putting the couch back together. :) Hehe!! The mind of a 4 year old is a beautiful thing! Maybe that will teach him not to tattle so much!

1 comment:

Amy said...

So cute! I remember being like that as a child.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am so sorry about your Marilyn Monroe episode at a wedding! How sad! But at least it gives us something to laugh about, right? Come back soon!