August 11, 2009

I Survived my First Day!

Well, I did it! I survived my first day! Though my vice principal said he could see steam coming out of my one ear by the time I left! Hehe! It was very overwhelming and I'm still a little nervous, but I did enjoy myself. My biggest worry now is little Bear. He's refusing to take any solids and they tried to give him formula once, and he refused that too!! And today I wasn't able to pump a whole bottle! Luckily I have some on reserve, but I don't know what I'm going to do! I really hope that I'll be able to get better with pumping at work. If anyone's been through this... I need help!! LOL!

And after a day, I think it will be good for me to be at work. I really enjoyed my time with the boys tonight. Even cleaning up the popcorn that Jellybean so willingly smashed into the floor with his food on purpose, wasn't annoying. I think this will give me a new perspective on parenting and on my kids!

And in other news..... I enrolled Little Man into Kindergarten at a local private christian school yesterday! He'll start in about 2 weeks!! I'm so excited, but so upset that he's grown up so fast! Sigh... where does the time go??

And thanks to those of you who have visited and left such sweet comments over the last few days. I'm sorry I haven't been able to get back to you yet.... it's been nuts! But I haven't forgotten you all!

And why do I seem to have to start every new paragraph with "and"? My high school english teacher would be soooo upset with me! :)

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Im glad you made it thru your first day!!

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Yeah for making through your first day!

It's actually not uncommon for breastfed babies to refuse anything and everything while mama is gone. It takes some babies longer to adjust to mama being gone. Maybe you can ask the pediatrician for suggestions or even a lactation consultant through the hospital.

http://www.kellymom.com/newman/17feed_baby_working_moms.html

I hope Little Man makes a smooth transition into his kindergarten class.

Your And is my So...I still have to remind myself to stop starting sentences with so.

Sandy said...

Wow are you a busy lady. And I think of the same thing but I start my paragraphs here with AND and BUT. I remember most of the grammar rules I just don't follow them! Sort of like the rest of my life.

House Queen said...

Congrats on the new job! I am a mommy to 2 boys and a teacher too so I know that it can be alot to handle sometimes! As far as the pumping goes...I never had to do that but my friend that teaches beside me would always bring her pump and pump during her planning period and some during lunch. Hope this helps and good luck!