March 06, 2009

Had my Screening Interview Today...

At the end of last year I put in an application for a School Counselor position in the county where I live. About a month ago I got an e-mail to set up a screening interview during a teacher recruitment fair...which was today. I have never seen anything like it! I guess it's pretty typical for teachers, but this was the first interview I've been on since I applied to be a cashier at Circuit City my sophomore year of undergrad!!

When I pulled up to the school there were cars parked all over the place and on the roads surrounding the school. When I got inside there were so many people! They had 30 tables set up and there were 2 interviewers at each table...so 60 interviewers!! Of those 60, 3 of them were interviewing just for guidance counselors!! So they must have interviewed 20-30 people for the same position I applied for! Great!!

When I got up there, the lady who interviewed me only asked me 8 questions and wasn't allowed to look at my portfolio! Ugh! I know that this was just a way to weed out those that weren't qualified, but it's so frustrating!! I feel like I should have elaborated more on the questions I was asked or something. Oh well. I hope I get called back for a real interview now! :) Keeping my fingers crossed and praying!!

6 comments:

Brandy said...

Good luck!

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Hello, pregnant Mama! How are you doing? Spent some time on your site this morning, checking out especially the posts about taking your son to the park and the baby shower. Darling!

You are really down to your last few weeks, aren't you? I remember being that pregnant. Amazing that you are able to keep up your lovely little blog in the midst of it all.

Best of luck to you!

-Francesca

Trish said...

Oh, how fun to have a third boy on the way! I grew up with 3 older brothers. It was fantastic!

I'm just dropping by to welcome you to SITS! You are gonna love the SITStahood and all the bloggy comment love.

Good luck with that screening!

The Rambler said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Stopping by from SITS as part of the Welcomista ladies :)

Ash said...

Oh, good luck!! I hope you don't have to wait too soon to hear.

Welcome to SiTS!! Em

Barely Domestic Mama said...

I'm sure your great personality shined right through your interview. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get a call back.