March 13, 2009

I Need Chocolate!

Why do pregnant women always have cravings? I have always had the weirdest cravings with my pregnancies. With my first I ate ice cream and stove top stuffing almost every night. No, not together, but one right after the other! No wonder I gained almost 100 lbs.! With my second, I was hooked on ice cream again, but this time I wanted cheese balls too! And regular cheese just wouldn't cut it... it had to be one of the soft balls of cheese with the nuts all around it. And now, all I can think about is chocolate!

I realized how bad it was getting the other day when I lied to husband.... We were organizing our bedroom and I had hidden a bag of peanut butter cups in a gift bag with some other baby gifts I was starting to get together for a pregnant friend. I didn't think he'd ever look in a baby gift bag! I was wrong! He found them and asked me why I had them in a gift bag. I spent the next 10 minutes attempting to convince him that he was seeing things and that there weren't any peanut butter cups in the whole house. :) Needless to say he dropped it, and hasn't touched them....he's probably afraid he'd lose a finger! Poor guy....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha that's too funny about the "invisible chocolate."

Sarah said...

LOL! My husband learned about me with food when I was pg too! He called it "ownership". I needed to own things, half the time not eating them but it was MINE if I needed it! I bought numerous chocolate frosted doughnuts and never ate one of them during the pregnancy, they LOOKED good and that was it!
My mother in law came over one morning after I had a craving for McD's breakfast (honestly!) and he brought back a few of pretty much everything. His mom asked him if he was done eating...he looked at me and said, "I am not sure". She said "What do you mean?" He said, "Until my wife is done eating, I am not sure what I can eat." What a trooper! He really took one for the team during my "ownership" days! :)
Good luck with your cravings!!!

Christina said...

LOL ...interesting cravings - stove top stuffing?!? but, who can resist peanut butter cups, pregnant or not? ;)

Barely Domestic Mama said...

Ha ha ha!!! Oh my goodness! I'm with Christina - pregnant or not peanut butter cups are too hard to resist!