March 31, 2009

I do NOT want to be induced!!!

I went into the doctors this morning for a routine ob check up and ended up with a lot more than I had expected! To start, my blood pressure was up. I wasn't anxious and hadn't rushed around that morning, so it didn't make much sense as to why it was up. Well, I did gain 5 lbs this week.... which my midwife said was all fluid. Though it sucks, I am so relieved at the same time because I have never been so swollen in my life! At least now I know it's temporary! On top of this I'm dilated to 3cm. Which could mean nothing, but considering that it's my 3rd and how quickly I had Jellybean, it is a little nerve racking.

Anyway... long story short, they wanted to induce me tomorrow, but I really don't want to be induced. I don't want to pick my baby's birthday, and I don't want to spoil the only surprise I have left! So they did some blood work, took my blood pressure 3 more times and did a sonogram. At the end of it all I think they still wanted to induce me, but there was no problem with the baby, and no huge issues with me yet. So they let me go home. I'm a little torn between what to do now. I really don't want to be induced, but I am so ready to meet this little guy.

But until he comes, here are some awesome sonogram pics that they were able to get today... at 39weeks 3days!! The top one is a picture of him with his toe in his eye! :) And the other is just a great face shot!!! I thought these were so cool!!



1 comment:

Christina said...

Aren't the new sonogram pictures amazing?!? It's so cool how much detail they can show.

Hope everything works out well. Keep an eye on that BP!