June 11, 2009

Unique Father's Day Gifts

With Father's Day just around the corner it's time for me to start my usual routine of decision making. Every year I debate between several stereotypical gifts: a new tie, a "best Dad" tee or hat, a new book, maybe some golf balls, a grilling kit or a shiny new screwdriver. This year my husband has asked for two things: a tattoo and the ugliest pair of swimming trunks I've ever seen (and they're $65!!! Ugh!). And I still have no idea where to start for my own dad or my father in law!

So, today I started browsing from some gifts for all the father's in my life. I have to say I have found some very fun and unique gifts!! So far, here are some of my favorite (and most unique) gifts I've found!!




This gift keeps giving all year, even after Father's Day is over he'll get a little reminder every month that he's the center of your world!! For around $32 a month, he'll enjoy 12 bottles in up to 4 different varieties of micro-brews for a whole year! They also have smaller clubs that only last for 3 or 6 months. Ohh, wait. Dad doesn't like beer? That's ok, there are plenty of other monthly clubs you can get him! For example, AmazingClubs also has monthly clubs for BBQ Sauce, Chocolate, Dinner and a Movie, Ties, and Steak, just to name a few!



Custom Ralph Lauren Shirt

Ralph Lauren new has a line of Create Your Own shirts. You can choose from several different styles and then add your own custom embroidery options. I love this Custom-Fit Oxford with the monogram. (Too bad you can't buy the man in shirt too!!)

Don't like the personalized version? Check out all the other great products for dad that Ralph Lauren has to offer!!






Personalized Hershey's Chocolate


Who doesn't love chocolate? Especially Hershey's chocolate!! You can create one of a kind chocolate gifts at Hershey's website, or choose from a wide variety of other chocolaty gifts, from tees and hats to gift baskets.

I love the personalized tie and the World's Greatest Dad card, made out of a pound of chocolate!!





Moon Real Estate

Ok, this one may be a little far fetched for some, but I thought it was interesting. You can actually buy an acre of "land" on the moon! No joke!! And gift packages start as low as $29.99! Now, I don't know what you'd do with your moon land investment, but it could make for an interesting dinner conversation one night! And you I'm sure dad's never received that gift before!! Wait! The moon isn't enough for you?? You can also add some Mars territory to your gift!! (No, I'm not kidding!)




Give Dad the Gift of Experience



This is by far my favorite!! Cloud 9 Living offers a wide array of "experience" gifts. You know, another gift that just keeps on giving! And we were talking about interesting dinner conversations? Think of the conversations if you sent dad to be a fighter pilot for a day! Or he got to dive with sharks? Or take private DJ lessons? How about drive a stock car? The experiences range in price. Some were around $70, like bungee jumping , and others were over $100,000, like starring in your own movie!!

There really is something for everyone on this website!!

Happy Father's Day shopping!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So intersting....thanks for posting!